Hotel group business is back in full force. However, this comeback has amplified challenges like staffing issues, rising costs, inexperienced personnel, supply chain disruptions, and an influx of RFPs. At the same time, group planner satisfaction is at an all-time low with over 78% admitting they are unhappy with the response they get from hotels.
So how can hotels better manage this process, drive revenue and maximize productivity with speed and accuracy?
Here are 5 key strategies to help you close more profitable group bookings:
- Do a Sales & Catering System Audit: Your S&C system is a gold mine of data so regularly audit your S&C as data decay rates can reach up to 40% annually.
- Redefine the RFP Process: RFPs should be ranked based on their suitability, from low to high, to streamline responses and prioritizations.
- Cut Down on Manual Work: Most sales teams only spend 30% of their working hours selling, so eliminate non-essential tasks that detract from sales focus and lead to job dissatisfaction.
- Cater to Various Group Sizes: Besides large gatherings, hotels should also accommodate smaller events, offering specific rates and packages to lure such clients.
- Invest in Automation Tools: Hotels should adopt automated tools that boost sales and catering systems to enhance prospecting, shorten sales cycles, and address routine challenges.
A platform like Parclane’s Demand Engine will effectively supercharge group sales and solve common challenges like stalled prospecting, slow lead response times, and out-of-date data. Our automation runs in the background and seamlessly integrates with your S&C system, hotel website, and more. We make it easy to get started so your hotel can focus on winning more Group, MICE, and transient Business Travel revenues.
Unlock Hidden Profits! Visit parclane.io/2024-sales-audit to Get Your FREE Group Sales Audit Today and Discover Where You’re Losing Time & Money!